Are you a bride-to-be? If so, have you started to think about how you’re going to store your wedding dress before the big day? There are a few things you need to keep in mind when it comes to storing your dress. Here is some advice on how to store wedding dress before wedding!
So, how to store wedding dress before wedding?
First and foremost, you need to make sure that your dress is clean and free of any stains or dirt. The last thing you want is for your dress to be stained on your big day! You can have it professionally cleaned or you can clean it yourself with a gentle detergent. Be sure to follow the care instructions on the label carefully.
Once your dress is clean, you need to find a safe place to store it. A good option is to keep it in a garment bag hung in a closet. If you don’t have a lot of space, you can also keep it in a box wrapped in acid-free tissue paper. Whatever storage option you choose, be sure that the dress is not exposed to sunlight or excessive heat.
Now that you know how to store wedding dress before wedding, you can be sure that your dress will be beautiful and ready to wear on your big day! Congratulations and happy planning!
How to store wedding dress for postponed wedding?
If you have had to postpone your wedding due to the current pandemic, you may be wondering how to store your wedding dress until your new wedding date. Here are some tips on how to properly store your gown so it stays in pristine condition until you can walk down the aisle.
- Find a cool, dry place to store your dress. A closet in a guest bedroom or an unused room in your home is ideal. Avoid storing your dress in a humid basement or attic.
- If possible, store your dress in a garment bag. This will protect the fabric from dust and dirt.
- Hang your dress on a sturdy hanger. Avoid using wire hangers, as they can damage the fabric.
- If your dress is heavily embellished, you may want to wrap it in acid-free tissue paper to prevent the beads and sequins from snagging on anything.
- Once your dress is properly stored, be sure to check on it periodically to make sure there is no sign of damage or pests.
With these tips, you can rest assured that your dress will be in perfect condition when it’s time to walk down the aisle on your new wedding day.
How to hang wedding dress in garment bag?
Follow these steps:
- – Hang on a sturdy, well-made hanger.
- – If your dress has loops, button them over the hanger to help keep it in place.
- – If possible, hang your dress in a cool, dark closet away from direct sunlight or heat sources.
- – Wrap your dress in a cotton garment bag if you don’t have a closet, or if you’re traveling with it.
- – Place your wrapped dress in a sturdy box for extra protection.
- – Label the box with your name and wedding date, and keep it in a safe place until you’re ready to wear it again.
How to hang a wedding dress with a train?
If your wedding dress has a train, you will need to take special care when hanging it up. The best way to hang a wedding dress with a train is to use a garment bag that has a long zipper. This will allow you to zip the dress up and keep the train from getting wrinkled. You can also use hangers that have loops or clips that can hold the train in place.